May 3, 2013

Life Changes

It's been about a month since I was laid off from my job of nearly 8 years at JCPenney.  For a creature of habit such as myself, it has been an interesting ride so far.  In the midst of all the craziness of job hunting, I realized that maybe it was time to rethink a few things.  Miss Jellybean starts Kindergarten in the fall.  Time is moving too fast.  There's not a whole lot of family time left at the end of the day.  Maybe I can find a way that I can spend more time at home with her.  We're still working on that possibility.

Step 1 - I reopened my Etsy shop.  It's not going to pay any bills at this point, but I am most happy when I am making things.  Miss Jellybean loves to sit at her own craft table next to me and work on her own projects.  
Step 2 - Figure out the job situation.  I did manage to find a temp job and I'm very thankful for that.  But the commute is long, the hours are long, and I don't know that it's the right fit for our family.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the possibility of going back to JCPenney in a part time position that I could work just during the morning hours while Miss Jellybean is in school, leaving the afternoons open for crafting and mommy-daughter time.

It all remains to be seen.

So, what is this blog going to be?  Not a just mommy blog, not just a business page, not just a collection of rants and ramblings.  We are all more that just the sum of our parts, and I don't see a reason to limit this page to one facet of who I am.  So, I think what you will find here is some craftiness, some mommy moments, and a whole lot of real life.  I hope you stick around.    

No comments: