May 7, 2013

Do You Hexipuff?

Last year, one of my New Year's resolutions was to learn to knit.  I have been crocheting since I was 12, but I've always wanted to learn to knit.  Then I found the project I just had to make: The Beekeeper's Quilt by Tiny Owl Knits  (http://tinyowlknits.wordpress.com/)  Just look at how beautiful this is!
(photo by Tiny Owl Knits)

I did fulfill my resolution - I learned how to make hexipuffs!  They are still the only thing I've attempted to knit, but that's ok, since I'll be working on this project for a while.  This project is supposed to take a year, since you need to make between 350-400 "hexipuffs" to complete the quilt.  I think I'm on the 3-4 year plan, since my 1 year and 4 months total is somewhere around 165.

Here is a look at some of my own hexipuffery:

It's such a cool project!  Each puff takes me about 30-40 minutes to make, so I work on them on my breaks, in waiting rooms, or when I'm a passenger on long trips.  

All this hexipuffing got me thinking... (it was bound to happen)
Hexipuffs in clay!  Why not?  It would be fun to wear a little hexipuff charm on a necklace or a bracelet.  Last night, I started playing with my Sculpey, trying to figure out the best way to make a knit design in the clay.  It's a work in progress at the moment, but here's a peek:

Happy Hexipuffing!


No comments: