May 12, 2013

Fords, Fruits, Fiber, Fitness, and Fun!

(or... I really hate having to think up a post title)
It's Mother's Day afternoon, and while The Mr. is manning the grill and Miss Jellybean is out collecting rocks and roly-polys, I thought I'd take a minute to share some pictures from our weekend so far.
 


We spent our Friday night at the opening night for the Old Town Clovis Farmer's Market.  You can find us there often on Friday nights from May through September.  We love to browse through all the vendor booths and farm fresh produce.  Miss Jellybean loves to join in with all the other kids and dance to the live music.  We always have a great time.  And I just can't resist taking pictures of old cars.  Love these Model A's!

No trip to the Farmer's Market is complete without a stop at my favorite yarn shop, The Knit Addiction.  The Mr. even encouraged me to add to my yarn stash.  Geek Chic yarn rocks!

We didn't buy a whole bunch of veggies this week, but we did get some cucumbers for pickling, cherries and apriums, Dairy Goddess chocolate milk, Smiling Oranges orange juice (the BEST orange juice ever!), Fagundes Santa Fe jack cheese, and hummus and pita from Baba Foods.  Yummy!


Saturday morning started early.  The Mr. signed up to run a 5K with a group of friends.  The race was an obstacle course based on the show Wipeout. Costumes were encouraged, and his team decided to dress up like superheroes.  They won first place in the group costume contest.  Don't they look great?  Miss Jellybean was most excited about throwing water balloons at daddy and Mr. Chad (the assistant director from her preschool).  Running is really not my "thing" but this whole race looked like fun and I would have loved to do it as well.  (Although I'm glad I didn't sign up for it because all day yesterday I was fighting bad allergies/cold/sore throat...something)

In the past year, The Mr. and I have both worked on getting healthier.  We both lost over 60 lbs (although I have fallen off the wagon a bit and have gained back about 15 since the holidays).  I need to work on getting back on track, but the hubs has been very committed, and I just want to say that I am super proud of him!

I had hoped to have more time for crafting this weekend, since my Etsy shops are looking bare and my head is full of new ideas, but I wouldn't change a thing because I had a great time with my little family and friends.  :)  On a side note, I really don't know how all you mommy bloggers do it!  I've had to come back and work on this post about half a dozen times and it's taken me almost 3 hours to post it!  I really hope to be able to keep up with this blogging thing, as well as crafting, and work, and keeping things running here at home.  I may be married to Superman, but Superwoman I am not!





1 comment:

Heather Landry said...

I love all of the photos from the farmer's market. I'm actually making my first foray to our local farmer's market this Wednesday. I wondered how to transport all of the cold stuff that I buy. I know there's a local butcher that I want to try. Should I bring an ice chest and a veggie bag? I'm excited to try more local, organic stuff.

The race looks amazing and it sounds like you all had a blast!